Last night, with not much enthusiasm at first, Shawn, Savannah, and I headed down to River City's because we didn't just want to sit around the house and listen to Savannah fuss all night. We had a really nice dinner at Panera (I am currently obsessed with their half sandwich half soup combo!!), then decided to go over to Lowe's and just look around a bit to see if there was anything different or on clearance. I am so freakin' glad we did because night before last we were here at the Lowes in Kingsland and were looking at the pre finished maple cabinets that they have in stock and were talking about how that would be a great alternative to doing custom cabinets for our kitchen, seeing as how it was going to run us between 5 and 8 grand just for custom cabinets and quite a bit less for the in stock maple, and it would still look really good and not put us over our "budget". Ok getting back on track....My enthusiasm changed when we turned the corner and saw that all of the maple pre finished in stock cabinets were on CLEARANCE!!! I am talking like 40-100 bucks off for each cabinet....it came out to 40% off! We got $2,200 worth of cabinets for $1,300!!! If I haven't said it before I LOVE LOWES!! They always have great prices and wonderful clearance items!!!
I can't believe our luck, first the bathroom vanity for $150 and the countertop for $25, then the kitchen cabinets!! Now if I could just find a 36 inch bathroom vanity in maple on clearance I would be set!!! It kinda sucks because we are probably going to spend more on the guest bathroom then we are on our master because we got such good deals! Oh well, I am so very happy that we have been so lucky in finding all these deals!
Lowe's is delivering the cabinets between 10 and noon today and Shawn is currently out there trying to find some room for them in our garage that is packed!! I don't know what he is going to do but I am sure he will get creative and find room! So it looks like our next stand down period is already planned out....KITCHEN DEMO AND REMODEL!!! I hope we can get it all done in a week, should be interesting! Savannah and I may be staying at a local hotel that week! Or better yet, hopefull my mom will visit that week and be able to watch Savannah so I can be here "Supervising" the progress! =) Ok I am rambling now...I'm done!! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment