Friday, February 1, 2008

One Hell Of A Day...

I went with Tonya down to Jax this morning because she had an ultrasound appointment with the doctors there.  We got down there at like 9:45, just in time for her appointment.  The kids (Liam, Xander, and Savannah) and I opted to stay in the car and let the kids watch movies while Tonya went in.  Everything was fine for about an hour, then the movie went off for no reason.  Well me being the bright bulb that I am had turned the key backwards to where the DVD still played but the car was off and I guess it drained the battery!  So then I was stuck in a car that wouldn't start with 3 kids....FUN!  Actually given the situation the kids were actually very well behaved, thank god!!  Tonya came down for a few min after checking in with another doctor that they sent her to and let me run to the potty for a second.  After I got back I called USAA (If you don't know...I LOVE THEM!!!) and I had a guy out there to jump the car within about 20 min of me making the call.  **NOTE TO SELF: DON'T RUN THE DVD PLAYER FOR AN HOUR WITHOUT THE CAR RUNNING!!**  I was trying to save gas dammit!!  =)


Well the whole Tonya-doctor thing lasted about 3 hours and by one we were on the road to St. John's to go to Chick Fil A for lunch and let the kids run around.  Here is the good part....I went to the bathroom and in the "accessible" stalls there is usually a nice metal rail mounted to the wall to help those who don't have great balance.  Well I use those wonderful bars to help myself stand up to pull my britches up.  So I grabbed ahold of the bar and hoisted my fat ass up and the f***ing bar comes completely out of the wall on one side!!  Luckily it was caught by the toilet paper holder, or else I would of ended up on the floor!!  It scared the shit out of me!  I banged up my finger pretty good, and my wrist has a weird little pain here and there but for the most part I am good.  It scared me more than it hurt!  


So needless to say it has been one hell of a day.  We went to Target at St. John's and they have quite a bit of clearance stuff and I was able to snag a few good deals!  And I have to say we met Mary and Justin for dinner at St. John's Seafood and topped the night off with 2 very fussy girlies!!  Oh goodness.....tomorrow is another day!!  

1 comment:

Mary said...

At least today is almost over! Just look forward to that concert you're going to tomorrow night!