Monday, April 6, 2009

Time for updates....

~  It has been just over  a week since Savannah busted her head open.  She is doing great!  I swear it didn't slow her down one bit!  The glue is starting to peal off and it looks as if the cut is completely scabbed over so I think this week it will all start to come off.  We got some Mederma to start putting on her head to hopefully minimize scarring on her pretty little forehead!  

~  Savannah's potty training is going so great!!  I am so excited!  It has been over a week with no accidents.  She still wears pull ups at School, but when she is home she is in "big girl panties!"  I am going to start venturing out with her in panties rather than pull ups.  I think she is ready!  I put her in a pull up or diaper for nap time, but more often than not she wakes up dry from her nap.  Night time is another story.  She is still in a diaper at night.  Eventually I will start limiting her fluids at night and see if she can hold it, but I'm not there yet.  This really was a much easier experience than I thought it would be!

~  Shawn and I are attending a Navy Ball later this month.  I didn't go last year, but our tickets are being paid for so I figured why the hell not.  My friend is graciously watching Savannah all night for us!  I found a really pretty dress at David's Bridal.  It is red and usually I don't do red, but it was on clearance and it fit really well, so I went with it.  It is being altered right now or I would post a pic of it.  Even with alterations I spent less than a hundred bucks!  Very stoked about that!  =)

~  We are going to Disney next week and I am very excited!  Shawn's parents are coming down later this week and going with us.  I am very excited because I totally plan on pawning the kid off on them so Shawn and I can go ride rides and spend some time together without her!  I know Savannah is going to enjoy having Meemaw and Peepaw around and she is also going to love all the characters at Disney too.  Can't wait!

~  Shawn recently got an assessment at work, an evaluation type thing, and it was VERY good!  I am so proud of him.  Very rarely do the guys get any sort of praise for the good jobs they do and Shawn's eval was VERY complimentary!  He is so amazing and even though this lifestyle sucks, he is extremely good at what he does and is very proud of serving his country.  I truly believe he will do very well as he climbs the ladder!  =)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Shawn should be proud...he is a wonderful man for serving our country the way he does! I am so very proud of him, and for you, for holding it together while he is gone...

Anonymous said...

Shawn you know we are all very proud of you for serving our country and doing so well with your job.You have worked so hard at everything and have always succeeded. Sheila you are doing a great job hanging in there with the military life...(which I know can be tough on you at times) We look forward to our trip and will be more than happy to take Savannah while you have some time together....see ya on Friday....Luv ya all, Mom