Well not so much of a long week as an emotional one. Last Sunday I had a group of ladies over with their kids for dinner. I made Parm crusted chicken, Pasta and red sauce with sauteed peppers and mushrooms, and salad. Dinner was really good and the company and conversation was awesome! Everyone left about 8 so bed time wasn't thrown off too much. Savannah on the other hand had a rough night. She was up until midnight on and off throwing up. It was heartbreaking. She was telling me her tummy hurt and rubbing it. I tried to keep her as calm as possible when she got sick so it didn't make her even more upset, but it's hard because she was scared and to tell the truth so was I a little. Savannah has never been one to get sick too much so when she does I tend to panic. Of course I was on the phone with Bridget on and off all night so she could calm me down and be the one who though rationally. So, Monday she was fine, she was still saying her tummy hurt but didn't throw up anymore and I limited her food. Tuesday morning she ate some waffles and before she was even done, it all came back up. I got right on the phone with the doctor appointment line and made her an appointment for Wed and 9:30am. I knew it was a long shot for her to get in the same day. Savannah was very pitiful up until about 4:30 when she seemed to turn around and get some energy and want to play. I took her to the Dr. on Wed. and she confirmed what I already figured which was Savannah had a stomach bug that has been going around. She is fine now. No issues since Tues morning so I am happy about that. =)
Next, a friend of ours (a sub wive) is in the hospital. She went in for one thing and they found another. Very upsetting news and we have all been an emotional wreck for her. I won't say names but extra prayers can't hurt anything.
I bitch and bitch and complain about no one every coming to see us and BAM everyone is coming in the span of a month. Now, don't get me wrong, I am happy about being able to see everyone and how the timing is working out with me traveling couldn't be better, but #1) Shawn isn't here to see anyone and #2) Having people space out their visits would be a little more ideal. But I will take what I can get and be happy about it. I know everyone lives so far away and how hard it is for them to get here, so I am very happy and grateful to be able to see everyone soon!! =)
I am participating in a Secret Pal thing that our FRG coordinated. I did it last time and it was really fun, this time I am having a hard time finding stuff for my secret pal! I am also 2 weeks behind and feel awful. I know I will make up for it, but I have to actually go out and get something for her. I will do that today if I don't do anything else!!
1 comment:
if you need some help.let me know..happy to hear savannah is on the mend and i can't wait for your house to be filled..
i am praying for our friend!
xoxo
ronee
Post a Comment