Saturday night while Mary, Claire, and Bridget were over, Savannah stood up while she was eating dinner and saying her butt hurt. I asked her if she needed to go potty and she said yes. I figured it would just be like every other time where she went and sat for 2 seconds and then was "all done!" with nothing have happened. To my surprise, she went potty! I was so tickled! She was so proud of herself and she got a "treat" when she was all done.
The next morning I decided to go ahead and put her in panties and let her play around the house and see how she did. Well after making a few uneventful potty trips Savannah had an accident. I was in the laundry room and heard her calling from the kitchen saying "my feet hurt." I thought maybe she stubbed her toe or something, but when I got there she was standing with her feet apart and there were pee pee drops on the floor. (It was kinda funny) I still made her go sit on the potty and she finished her pee pee there! Totally happy once again. Then about an hour later or so I sat her there and she pee peed with no problem!!
We are off to a slow, but good start. She grasps the concepts but I have to be attuned to her so that she doesn't get sidetracked playing and forget. Her teacher asked me yesterday if I thought Savannah was ready for pull ups so they could take her to the potty (they won't take them if they are in a diaper, but they will if they are in pull ups) I told her our exciting potty news and I am going to get pull ups today so she can start practicing going potty at school.
I have to admit I am really not totally ready for this, but I figured it can't hurt to try. I am glad her school works with them too, it will make is a bit easier if she has some sort of consistency. She looks totally cute running around in her "big girl panties." I can't believe how much she is growing up. =)

2 comments:
you are a super star..and she's a smart cookie..she will make it to the potty..no worries!
xoxo
ronee
What a cute story! How wonderful for you that she is sorta grasping the concept. :)
Post a Comment