So I called Bridget and told her the wonderful news and she came back. Amy, thank god, had jumper cables and Bridget got on the phone with her brother and we jump started my car. Now, I know what happened. I had left my lights on and my stupid van doesn't alert me or anything when I leave my lights on. It would if I ever used my driver side door, but I don't, I only use the sliding door with the ramp. So I forgot to turn the lights off and it killed my battery.
Now we all had to laugh because this was the perfect Navy Wife experience. 3 of us outside, jumper cables in hand in the rain trying to start my car. Yeah, it was slightly amusing. We definitely got a good laugh at ourselves and we all made a mental note to learn to jump a car and change a tire. lol. Of course when we tell our husbands this you know we are going to make it sound much worse than it was to get some sympathy points. You know, it was pouring rain (it was misting), and it was freezing and the wind was blowing so hard (there was a light semi cool breeze). "DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU LEAVE ME TO DEAL WITH!!!" haha! Yeah I am pretty sure they will see straight through us, but never the less it was a good learning experience, I guess? lol.
So now today my van is in the shop getting a new battery and new breaks. This sucks. I just spent a lot of money on my van and here I go again spending more. It's really annoying. But seeing as I am about to leave for a bit and do a fair amount of driving I guess it's better to do these things now then have my car crap out on me on the road. =)

4 comments:
I love how big the story is going to get as it reaches the husbands! Sorry to hear about your car. Thanks for the kind words about the potty training. I thought it was going to be a long road and it just sort of clicked over night all of a sudden. Now so many people are telling me the same thing happened with them so I don't doubt Savannah will do the same in the near future. I'm nervous about him telling his teacher he has to go but hopefully it will all work out. So where are your travels taking you? Take care!
Am I seriously the only one who can jump a battery and change a tire? lol
I can jump a battery and change a tire! plus my jumper cables have instructions!
i think they should teach that in compass!
xoxo
ronee
LOL, I can call roadside assistance.
Post a Comment