Sunday, January 25, 2009

Realization...

After our play date yesterday, Bridget took Savannah for the night.  I ended up staying at the park about and hour or so after she left with my kid, enjoying talking to the ladies without having to keep an eye on her.  When I got home I had this strange feeling.  I didn't know what it was until later that evening when I realized how boring and lonely my life would be with out Savannah.  I guess it was nice to be able to come home and get stuff done without her here, but I didn't really do all that much that I couldn't with her here.  It was just strange.  

I won't get her back until this evening.  I have almost the entire day to myself and don't know what to do.  Savannah brings so much life into this house that it is lonely and boring without here.  

Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful and owe Bridget more than I will ever be able to pay her back for watching Savannah for me and giving me a break, but the house just isn't the same without her here.  Too still.  Too quiet.  Even the damn dogs keep going back to her room looking for her.  They don't understand why it is so quite either.  Kinda funny.  

Ok so I am going to finish drinking my coffee and should do some much needed crafting while Savannah isn't here to run off with my fabric or ribbons.  We have a festival coming up at the end of Feb and I need to start working on my projects now so I am not up till 2am every night for a week trying to cram everything in.  I have gotten a pretty good head start and I think if I keep up the steady pace I will be fine.  Hopefully this festival will prove more profitable than our Jacksonville event.  =)

1 comment:

AndreaLeigh said...

i'm glad you get some time alone! everybody needs that, even if you do feel the house is a little quiet while she's gone.