Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Contrary To My Last Post....

I have been in tears the past few days because I thought I had reached a decision to give Shelby away to a new home.  I had a plan to give her to someone and when that plan got messed up, I found myself sick with the thought of someone else owning her. I had went as far as to write a draft of what I might say as a post for her a new home and as I was writing I realized that I had written way more than I needed to and was being super particular about the home I wanted her to go to.  I also realized that I would ever find the right home for her because it wouldn't be my home!!  This is a battle within myself that I have been fighting for a while now - the rational side of me thinks she would be better with someone who could spend more time with her, but the emotional side of me loves this dog so much still, that I want to do everything in my power to keep her!!  So that is what Shawn and I have decided to do.  We are going to try some new routines with her, including a nice long walk every day.  I have to MAKE time for my dogs, they were my babies before Savannah and I want them to continue to be a part of our family.  Savannah won't be a baby forever and I hope with time and our new routine with her, we will be able to find a happy balance to everything!  =)

No comments: