Sunday, July 19, 2009

Harry Potter

Yesterday morning Shawn got home around 9:30 from having duty (which means he was on watch all night and had to sleep on the boat). Now, on duty nights, most of the poor guys get very little sleep, and Friday night was no exception. After only having about 4.5 hours of (broken) sleep, Shawn came home and gladly took Savannah and I to breakfast! I had been craving Cracker Barrel for like a week now! For some reason, I just wanted some of their awesome biscuits and gravy. It definitely didn't disappoint me, it was sooo YUMMY!! Savannah scarfed down an entire pancake and was very happy as well! Shawn, of course, had enough food to feed our entire table, but seeing as he hadn't eaten anything and had already been up for a few hours, he was starving!

After breakfast we ran back to the house and grabbed a few things for Savannah and took her over to Aunt Bridget's to stay for the afternoon so we could go see a movie. (OMG! What are we going to do without Bridget in Nebraska!!???? ::sniff sniff::) We saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. It was awesome! I left the theater very satisfied. There were only a few scenes that were different from the book, but nothing major. I really love how true to the books they have kept the movies! I have been looking forward to seeing this movie for a long time and now can't wait to add it to my collection of HP dvd's! I swear I watch at least one HP movie a week and I plan to read the series over again when Shawn goes out on patrol! If you haven't read them, I highly suggest you do!!

So we had a really good date and ended up going to Panera and having great soups and sandwiches afterwards! =)

No comments: