Shawn and I are in the final stages of getting our house finished! We have gotten all the major projects done and now just have to do the finishing work. I am very happy about this as I think the house looks really good.
Our time here in Kingsland, GA is quickly dwindling. Shawn is about to go on his 5th submarine patrol and when he gets back we will be headed to SHORE DUTY!!!! So very excited about that! I am looking forward to having him home for the 2 years that shore duty lasts! Now comes the "fun" part. We recently got orders. Our number one pick was Millington, TN, about 20-30 min north of Memphis, TN. My sister-in-law, Kelly, lives there and I couldn't believe our luck that that was a place Shawn could potentially go. I was giddy with excitement of living so close to her. I could see it: Back yard BBQ's, cousins playing together, having the girls over for sleep overs and letting Savannah go over there to sleep over and play. Kelly and I doing lunch and hanging out, the thought made me about burst with excitement. But, as we have found out many times before, things don't always go the way you want with the Navy.
We were informed that we would not be going to Millington, but we would be going to our second choice which is Offutt Nebraska. Calm. That's what came first when Shawn told me. I thought I had already prepared myself for the very real possibility that TN wouldn't happen, but I was still holding on to that very little bit of hope that things would go the way we wanted, but that very much wasn't the case. Once NEBRASKA sank in, I.LOST.IT! To say that I was devastated would be a gross understatement. I couldn't believe it. What? Were not going to TN? WHAT!!??? oh yeah I lost it. I proceeded to bawl my eyes out for 2 hours. sobbing. shaking. on the verge of hyperventilating. It wasn't pretty. I was crushed.
But, the next morning, through swollen puffy eyes, I was determined to do what I have always done before and face this challenge head on and find the good in it, and I have. We will still be within a days drive of a lot of our families. Savannah will get to see snow and we might have a white christmas this year! We are within a few hours drive of a few really neat places so we should get to see a lot while we are there. The Air Force base housing looks AWESOME! There is a city 10 min away! I will actually have shopping, food, and entertainment close by! After living here in bum-f*** you can't understand the excitement that holds! Target, just a few min away!!! Seriously!! =)
There are quite a few other great points about the area but I won't bore you anymore. The down side is that I am going to have to leave some of the best friends I have ever had. I can't say any more on that or I will start myself crying all over again. That is going to be the toughest part of this whole move!
Ok, moving on for now. My baby, wait scratch that, my big girl turns 3 two weeks from today. HOLY COW!! Three years old! It's amazing to see Savannah and how far she has come and what a little kid she is turning into and no longer a baby! I will go into a more in depth post about her on or right after her birthday, but she is quite an amazing little girl!
That's it for now, as the weeks pass I am sure I will have more to post so don't give up on me!! =)

4 comments:
I had it all planned out too, girl!! I would have finally gotten a chance to really know my brother for the first time in his life-and spend quality time with his beautiful family! My kids would have had an Aunt and Uncle close to us to hang out with and love. BUT, all is not lost by you guys being stationed in NE. You will be (slightly) closer to me and I am determined that there will be visits BOTH ways while you guys are there!!
We love you guys lots!!
Shelia! I am SO JEALOUS! Omaha is our 1st pick!!! YEAH!!! We wont go til next year, but its BEAUTIFUL, lots of things to do, and housing is amazing there! Please email me because I have a lot of friends and family there who will give you a welcome you wont forget! Also, I grew up in the Midwest and Savannah is going to be SO ahead in her education and her personality by the time you leave there!
SO JEALOUS!
Kelly
I am soo excited to have yall within a 10 hour drive.....Frannie will see yall more often...:)
You know we are all very excited you will only be 6 hours away from us. You will get to have a chance to have 4 seasons...and of course get to see snow as you mentioned. You will get to see family a little more often. We love you all, Mom V.
Post a Comment