
Nope, your eyes are not playing tricks on you, Savannah's shirt says exactly what I want to:
Shawn and I are very excited and proud to announce that come February, Savannah will be a BIG SISTER!!!!
SHOCKED!?? Yeah I was too! No seriously I.WAS.SHOCKED! Ok I might be the most naive person on the face of the earth, but when I went to the doctor to discuss all the strange symptoms I was having, being pregnant was not even on the list. Were we trying? Yes. But seeing as it took almost a year with Savannah, I was in no way prepared for the almost instant results this time! Now, my sister in law, Kelly, knew the whole time I was pregnant and at one point she had me convinced too so I went out and bought a preg test and after taking both of them a week apart and them both coming back negative, I was like "ha, I was right". lol. Well it turns out I was just too early for the OTC tests to show. The bloodwork proved her right! I am still kind of amazed that I started having symptoms at about 2 weeks! Ok so here is the way found out:
Wednesday June 10th, Bridget is over because we have an FRG meeting to go to and as we are getting ready to head out the door the phone rings:
Shawn: "Sheila, it's for you, it's the doctor"
Sheila: *thinks, oh ok, whatever* "Hello"
Dr.: "Hi, Sheila, this is Dr. ______ I was just calling to tell you... *I start thinking through the list really quick of what is going to be inserted there like, we need to set up a time to come in and discuss your options, or you are just anemic which is why you have been so tired, but what I was totally not prepared for was...*....that, congratulations, you are pregnant.
Sheila: *silence* "um..." *more silence* "...I'm..." *silence* "I'm what?" *silence* "I'm pregnant?? Seriously? Oh, well, um.....I'm sorry I think I am in shock...." *the tears started and I look at Shawn and he is smiling from ear to ear and all I wanted to do was throw the phone at him!!* *realizes doctor is still on the phone*
Dr.: "Ok, well I am going to go ahead and put in your referral for the OB, congratulations again"
Sheila: *silence* "ok, thanks" *hangs up*
*crying* "OH MY GOD I'M PREGNANT!! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" *pointing at Shawn*
He is hugging me telling me that this is a good thing and he is very happy. Yeah of course he is, he gets all the fun and I am left with feeling like shit and getting fat!! Asshole!
at this point Bridget was hiding out in the garage and walks in and sees me crying and she says:
"so I was going to yell "are you pregnant, or dying?" and then when I walked in and saw you crying I knew you must be pregnant because you would handle dying WAY better!!!"
She knows me too well. I would have handled that better than the news I received! lol!
So, once again it took me a few days to come around to the fact that we were going to have another baby, but now I am totally excited, and hold no hard feeling against my husband!
Savannah is going to be an amazing big sister and now I just can't wait to find out what we are having!
(I am 11 weeks tomorrow) =)

6 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! We are very happy for Shawn and you and excited about having another grandchild. Savannah is going to be such a great BIG SISTER. You see how she is when she is around Ali. At least you will be closer to us when you have this baby. Luv ya all very much, Mom and Dad
Congrats!
It's so nice to have you acknowledge that I was right!! HAHA!! I'm so very thrilled for you guys (and for me for getting a new niece or nephew to love so very much!) You guys are awesome...love you bunches!!
Oh my goodness! Congratulations!! Savannah's gonna be a great big sister. :D
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....couldn't be happier....:)...Mom
Congratulations! You guys must be so excited, now, after the shock. :)
Post a Comment