There are so many differences the second time around! Mostly for the better!
* Scarlett, from almost the day she came home has been a GREAT sleeper at night! There has not been one night, meaning after we have already gone to bed, that she has woken up crying. She grunts to let me know she is hungry, eats, then goes back to sleep. For the first few weeks she only woke up once, if at all during the night, but now she is waking up twice about 4 hours apart. This is nothing compared to how much we were up with Savannah!
* Scarlett's poor diaper has pushed capacity for being wet a few times! With Savannah at any little hit that she was wet she got changed right away, but this time I find myself going longer in between changes. Pampers diapers are AWESOME!! lol!
* With Savannah, any little grunt or whimper one of us was right there trying to soothe her and find out what was wrong, this time, not so much. I am a lot more comfortable letting Scarlett fuss for a few while I finish up with what I am in the middle of doing and then going to tend to her.
* From day one, Savannah did not sleep in our bed. I had a pack and play next to the bed that she slept in, this time around, Scarlett has her own little pillow right between Shawn and I and, I have to say, I love having her in bed with us! I honestly think that's why she sleeps better, but who knows.
* Bathing a baby the second time around is SO MUCH EASIER!! With Savannah I was so careful and cautious while bathing her afraid I was going to hurt her or something, this time it's like, plop her down, lather her up, rinse her off, done! It actually is a lot quicker bath because I am not so afraid I am going to break her!
* Scarlett can sleep through just about anything! With Savannah I was told to keep the noise level the same when she sleep so she gets use to it, well with it just being Shawn and I, there wasn't really a noise level to speak of so Savannah woke up easier to loud noises. Well this time with my little wild child toddler running around screeching and whatnot, Scarlett is use to noise and doesn't wake up so easily!
* Nursing is SO much easier this time around! I already knew what to expect so it's not such a shock to me that I am doing it every 1.5 to 2 hours during the day and I actually enjoy the bonding time. I also got a pump this time around so that has helped SO much!
* The only negative I can think of isn't even that bad, it's just the waking up in the middle of the night is annoying. I love my sleep, I mean really love it. I am a tad bit grumpy if I get woken up too early so both my husband and oldest know not to wake me up unless need be. So waking up twice a night is given me very broken sleep and I am finding myself very tired around 6pm and that's about the time Savannah get's her second wind and want so run around like a crazy woman! It's a bit crazy in the evenings sometimes, but honestly, I wouldn't change it!
I am pretty certain that my little family is complete and there are no more babies in our future. I don't think I could be any happier than I am right now with my two girls!

3 comments:
It's good to "hear" you enjoying Scarlett like this. What a vast improvement over the conversations we had just a few years ago! Love you guys!!
Thank you so much for this. I worry alot about how life will be with two. Charlie was never really the 'happy Gerber' baby and it scares me to think I might have to go through that again. But, this post gave me hope that maybe, just maybe, things will be totally different. :)
this post reminded me of how things were when Addi came along! Now I am wondering how #3 is going to upset the balance LOL!!
Post a Comment