Monday, March 22, 2010

Random's

- I survived a week alone with 2 kids! I have to admit I was completely terrified of being left alone with a new born and a toddler, either one on their own would be no biggie, but both together had me really nervous. Day time is no problem, it's evening/night that I was most scared of. Scarlett is such a wonderful baby, but in the evenings she gets a little fussy and just wants to nurse before bed, so trying to tend to her and keep her happy while trying to get my wild child ready for bed and read books and all that proved to be a little bit of a juggling act. But I am very proud to announce that I did it! The week was relatively painless and while I know I could do it again, I sure don't want to anytime soon!!

- Scarlett is going to be 6 weeks old on Thursday. I can't believe time has gone by so fast. Scarlett is just under 10 pounds and has outgrown her newborn clothes! She is getting so big so quick! Savannah didn't grow quite so quick, but then again, she started out a few pounds lighter than Scarlett. It's been awesome watching Scarlett grow and change over the last 5 weeks. She is so much more alert and will make eye contact and search for voices she hears. It's pretty cool!

- Savannah adores her little sister and is SUCH a big help to me during the day when it is just us girls at home! She is loving the role of big sister and I can't wait until Scarlett is big enough for the two of them to play together. Savannah asks quite frequently how much longer until sister is big enough to play! Poor kid, it seems like Scarlett is going to be a baby forever in her eyes!

- I am having so much fun with my embroidery machine! I could spend all day everyday in my craft room just creating stuff. But the role of Mommy means my time in there is few and far between. Luckily Shawn knows how much I love sewing and is happy to take care of the girls when he is home so I can go play! I have decided to go with Crafty Mom Creations as my name. I like the abbreviation of CMC and the broad spectrum of things that I could do with that name if I ever change crafts. I am working on business cards and whatnot and trying to decide if I want to put an etsy account up, or just keep it local for now. I have met some people who have bought some stuff, and have a few custom orders, and I am happy with that for now. Being the mommy of two, I can't take on too much stuff or I would feel very overwhelmed.

- We have finally signed up for skype! Why we didn't do this years ago when Savannah was a baby is beyond me because it's the coolest thing EVER!! We Skype with my mom the most and it is awesome to be able to see each other while we talk! We also Skyped with Bridget once and Savannah was happy to be able to see her "Fridget." She misses her so much and it breaks my heart when she asks if we can go to her house, or Mary's, or Mari's. We really miss all our friends back in Kingsland! Hopefully Bridget will be coming for a visit for Savannah's 4th birthday! =)

- The weather is beautiful this week! We are hoping to go get our zoo membership and start going! It is really close by, and suppose to be a wonderful zoo! Hopefully we are over winter, but I have a feeling it is going to rear it's ugly head a few more times!

- Of course, I sit down with all these ideas about what I want to blog about, but mommy brain kicks in and I can't remember the rest. Oh well, hope everyone has a great week! =)

No comments: