I am very happy about this decision and I am very happy for how well Mary is doing. She has been and is still my inspiration for doing crafts! But now I am left with a problem. Banana Bear was such a cute name, that anything I come up with for myself just doesn't seem to make the cut!! Some of the names I have toyed around with are: Craft Room Chaos, Nanner Bug Boutique, Crafty Mom Creations, Scarlett Lane, and Sheila's Scraps.
Now from the research I have been doing with Etsy, any one of those names would do. There are some etsy shops out there with some pretty dumb names, but I don't want to be one of those! I already photoshopped a business card with Crafty Mom Creations and it looks quite cute, but I just don't know about the name, it seems so generic.
If anyone out there has any thoughts on either the names I came up with, or something cute/clever that would be a good name for a business that is based on children's handmade items, PLEASE don't hesitate to leave me a comment and let me know what it is!! I would greatly appreciate any input!! Thanks! =)

2 comments:
I like Nanner Bug Boutique. This sounds like a children's shop that would sell cutie things. Since you like butterflies, that could be on your logo or lady bugs or something else really cute.
Scarlett Lane sounds nice too, but I wouldn't necessarily think of children's items when I hear that. It is more elegant sounding and I'm not sure that's the direction that you'd be going.
I would avoid Sheila's Scraps - upon hearing it I would most likely think it's related to scrapbooking, not sewing or embroidery. It doesn't have that cute, catchy appeal and I don't think it would be as memorable to those who don't know you.
I agree with you about CMC...it does seem a little generic, but it's not bad. You can probably do a lot with the branding. The good thing about that is that since it's just "crafty creations" you won't be limited if you decide to change the direction of your shop in the future (i.e. say from a sewing/embroidery shop to a woodworking shop).
Craft Room Chaos is okay, but the others are better.
I hope I've helped some! I think you should go with what you like best and what just feels right. Let me know if you want me to work on your graphics!
My FAVE name is Nanner Bug Boutique!!
Post a Comment