Thursday, September 11, 2008

Cartoons

*  Has Sesame Street always sucked as bad as it does now?  We have caught it a few times and Savannah has absolutely no interest in watching it and from the little bits that I saw I don't blame her.  What a crappy show.  

*  Savannah is ADDICTED to Super Why!  The first thing she says when she comes out of her room in the morning is why, why, why!!  If she is watching another show she will ask for "why!"  Now I know some people are against letting their children watch TV but let me tell you, Savannah has learned so much from this super cute cartoon show!  She spells right along with them, makes sounds of the letters and totally interacts with them..it's really cute!

*  Another one of Savannah's favorite TV shows is Word World!  And I have to admit, even I like that one!  It is so cute!  I love to see what the words are going to turn into!  I am a dork, I realize this, but this is another one of the shows that Savannah has picked up a lot from!  

*  Super Why and Word World are so much more tolerable than say, Little Einsteins...or the Doodlebops!!  God both of those shows drive me nuts and I am very glad Savannah doesn't care to watch them anymore!  We are currently DVRing multiple episodes of WW and SW so they can be burned on a disk for when I make my december journey to see family...it is going to save my life I am sure!!  =)   

2 comments:

ronee said...

OMW anyway who says TV isn't for children is insane..BUT my God sent was Baby Einsteins. Not the Little Einsteins....but baby. My children all knew their colors..letters..numbers..farm animals..neighborhood animals..famous paintings and famous composers all by the age of two. And as for big bird and his pals..yes it sucks now..we had to go and buy older dvds of them...hope your sale went great..hate that we were in charleston this weekend!
xoxo
ronee

Miss Hope said...

My son has developed a love for Super Why also. It's nice to have a newer show to watch. I'm sooo tired of noggin and whatnot. Even the songs are cute!