For those of you who don't know, Shawn is now back from his 3rd official sub patrol. He got back at the beginning of last week and Thursday morning we packed up the van and drove to Atlanta, GA. Well, we made a pit stop about an hour outside of our hotel because there were some pretty great outlets and I was able to get Savannah quite a bit of clothes for a really great price!! It's really a good thing that there aren't outlets that close to me, I tend to go a little crazy when I see good prices! Thursday was a very long day with all the driving so when we got to the hotel, Shawn went back out and got us food but that's all we did. Friday morning we got up and went out to explore what all we could find around our hotel. We made the rounds in a few stores and had a yummy lunch at Sweet Tomato and Savannah slept through it which was great! Friday around 4-5 Shawn's parents arrived in Atlanta to enjoy the rest of the weekend with us. It had been a little over a year since they have seen Savannah and it was really great that they made the 10 hour drive to be with us. Friday evening we went out to dinner at On The Border. It has been at least a year if not more that I have gotten to eat at an OTB! It was really good.
Saturday morning we all got up at the crack of dawn and headed to the Georgia Aquarium. Shawn purchased our tickets on line and we had a entrance time of 8am. I was less than thrilled with having to get up that early but man am I glad we did. We got through the first 3 of 5 exhibits with virtually no crowd. By the time we got to the 4th and 5th it had gotten pretty crazy. The Aquarium was just as amazing as I remembered it. Savannah was just in awe with everything. She really enjoyed seeing all the "fishes, fishes, fishes!" It was really a lot of fun!
Sunday morning we got up early and went to Ikea! Once again it was good we went early because after a little while it got really crowded as well. I enjoyed making a shopping list of things I would like to have and actually picked up a few things while we were there. I love Ikea..you just can't beat the prices! That evening Shawn and I were to go on a date and leave Savannah with the grandparents, but in a strange turn of events I happen to get a message from one of Shawn's friends from Dallas and it turned out he was in Atlanta also. So we invited him to dinner with us. It was really cool to get to see him and hear what all he has been up to.
Monday we all had to say our goodbyes. Shawn's parents headed out a little before 10am and we headed out around noon. We had to make a little pit stop by the outlets because I had to return some clothes that didn't fit Savannah, and pick up a few more things from GAP. =)
Over all it was a great trip and it as great to get away for a few days and visit with family.

Shawn and Savannah watching the fishes

"I'm gonna get that fish"

Savannah and I

Grandma and Grandpa with Savannah

Savannah and her daddy!

No comments:
Post a Comment