* I went last week and checked out a summer school that was recommended to me by a friend for Savannah. I have been dreading summer because I didn't know how Savannah and I could survive all summer being stuck together all the time..problem solved! Tree House Academy has a really great mother's day out program 2 days a week (they had 3 but didn't feel she needed to go 3 days) from 9am - 2pm! They feed them lunch and put them down for a nap from noon till 2. Savannah is so excited! She loves school and was actually quite sad that she couldn't stay longer when we went to check it out. She will be going on Tuesday and Friday. I think it will work out quite well because when I pick her up at 2, she will have already taken a nap and eaten lunch and we can head right over to the base pool and let her play for a few hours! Or do something else fun, but with the summer heat, I am seeing the pool more often than not. I will be looking into the movie theater doing their free movies and that will probably be another option. But the bottom line is, this is something that is going to give me a little bit of free time and something that Savannah really loves, so we are excited!! =)
* I know I have said this before, but we have so much still left to do on the house and our leave date is inching closer and closer! While we don't know exactly where we are going or when, we do know that by the end of this year we hope to be the hell out of Georgia! Shawn and I are going to be painting our 2nd living room tonight as well as caulking and painting base boards! Fun, I know. But the great news is that Shawn's parents have graciously decided to make the grueling 17 hour drive from Missouri to our house over our stand down period so his dad can help him get more projects done!! Very happy about this. Shawn still has to do our entire master bathroom and that is definitely something I can't really help him with. And hopefully during that week, me and Cathy will be able to organize, clean, and box up any non essential stuff to put either into storage or our garage and get the CRAP down to a minimum! Plus, the best part is Savannah gets to see her Grandma and PeePaw again and she is super excited about that!! =)

No comments:
Post a Comment