Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5 Years Ago Today.....

Shawn and I got married!!  I am way too tired to do a long drawn out post, but here is the highlights.  We met online.  After chatting a few times it turned out that he took his dog to the vet I had just gotten a job at.  I thought "well crap, now I have to meet him!"  lol.  It wasn't that I didn't want to, but now I HAD to.  I didn't want it to be strange if we met for the first time in my place of work, and I enjoyed talking to him online.  So we met up one night after he was done with work, and hit it off right away.  This was Jan 17th 2004 that we first met and Shawn asked me to marry him April 12 2004 and we got married May 12, 2004.  Yes, that is just at 4 months from meeting that we got married.  Sometimes you just know!  

I love my husband so much, Shawn is an amazing husband and he really is my best friend!



We got married at the JP in Plano, TX and then had a kick ass after party at my dad's house!  I got DRUNK!! lol!!  =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! 5 years is one of those landmark anniversaries. I hope you have a fabulous one. :)

ronee said...

the best party always end up with the bride drunk!
congrats girlie! I am glad you just knew!

Anonymous said...

Yes it was a great day and you did get drunk....Was a great reception and wedding....Can't believe how fast the time has gone by. I am sure you will have many happy years to come. (along with more kids):) Luv ya,
Your MIL