Thursday, May 7, 2009

Submarine Applique

Anyone with a husband in the submarine force knows how much the inventory lacks for little girls.  Gymboree made a really cute line of submarine stuff, but it was for boys.  You pretty much have to get something custom done if you want it to have a submarine on it and look like it is for a little girl.  Well, rather than pay someone to do it, I figured I would try and do it myself and, for my first attempt, I am quite happy with the end result!  



Submarine on shirt without stitching yet
Savannah modeling her new sub shirt
I kinda jacked up the periscope, that is something I will have to work on, but over all I think it looks decent. 
Ta-Da!  =)

I am very willing to make shirts for anyone who wants them for $12.  

I am also in the process of making a skirt out of the same fabric!  

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Too cute!! I'm so glad my niece has such a crafty mommy!! My poor kids don't have a chance in the world of being crafty!

Anonymous said...

That is soo cute,good job.Tell Kelly her kids stand a chance at being crafty, you are 1st generation crafty!....:) didn't get it from me or your dad

mom said...

sorry..i am anonymous...aka Mom

Anonymous said...

TOO CUTE....You did a great job and had a great model.....Mom V.