Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Poor Savannah...

Savannah has been very lucky to not be a sickly child.  She has only been sick a had full of times and thankfully nothing major.  Well she is sick again and I feel so bad for her.  She has a very raspy, juicy cough where I can tell she is coughing something up, but rather than knowing to spit it out, she just swallows it...yuck!  I feel back because I can't explain to her that she needs to cough it up and out because I know if I do then anytime she coughs she will spit!  

She woke up a little while after we put her to bed tonight crying her eyes out!  I know she feels miserable and it kills me that there was nothing I could do but hold her and tell her she would be ok.  I eventually went and laid down with her in her bed until she was settled enough for me to leave.  I know I won't sleep good tonight because I will be worried about her.  

On top of the cough she has a very snotty nose which is making it hard for her to breathe.  We have a Dr. appointment tomorrow at 2pm so hopefully they will be able to give us some good drugs to make her feel better.  I am going to hold her from school tomorrow so she doesn't get any other kids sick.  

I am pretty sure what ever it is that Savannah has is something that is going around because her little friend Claire is also sick with all the same symptoms as Savannah and she is going to the Dr. tomorrow also.  Wish our girls a quick recovery so they can get back to their usual bubbly, cheerful selves!  

1 comment:

Miss Hope said...

Bless her heart! I hope she feels better soon.


One thing I discovered? Every single time my my kids started school, they would stay sick off and on the whole year as they had been at home babies until then. It was crazy! My middle child missed over 20 days of 4K!