Friday, November 19, 2010

Cheesy Stuffing Cups

A few years ago I came across a recipe for Cheesy Stuffing Cups in the Kraft Foods Magazine. I had a holiday pot luck to go to and tired out the recipe, I have been making them every year since! These stuffing cups are so good! They are great for pot lucks because, just like muffins, they are single serving size! The (tiny) pic below is of the ones I made this morning for my daughters Thanksgiving Feast at school. I ended up going to Target last night and got 2 mini muffin trays and made Mini Stuffing Cups! They turned out just as good and they were bite size! I actually doubled the recipe to fill two mini muffin trays!

Here is the recipe:

You Need:

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
3/4 chopped celery
1 1/2 cup water
1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top stuffing mix for Chicken
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup Planters Walnut pieces (I do not use these when I make them)
1 1/2 cup Kraft shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 egg, lightly beaten.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Add celery; cook and stir 5 min or until crisp-tender. Stir in water. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in stuffing mix, cranberries and walnuts. Add 1 cup of the cheese and the egg; mix lightly.

Spoon stuffing mixture evenly into 8 (or however many you want) greased medium muffin cups, mounding mixture as necessary to use all the stuffing mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.

Bake 10 min or until stuffing cups are heated through and cheese is melted.

Tip: Don't have a muffin pan? Simply spoon stuffing mixture into muffin pan liners instead. Place on baking sheet and bake as directed!

**This was copied from the Kraft Food and Family Magazine; Holiday 2007 issue**

I would love feedback if you make these on how you like them! =)

No comments: