This move was my first experience doing practically everything by myself. The most frustrating part was I had to change our pack out date 4 times!! The boat schedule was constantly changing and up in the air and I couldn't handle a pack out without Shawn home! Luckily the lady I was dealing with at personal property was super nice and understood the situation and worked with me to get the dates changed as I needed them. Everything eventually worked out and Shawn was home about a week before the pack out! We were able to enjoy a nice little Thanksgiving just the 3 of us and also enjoy a little bit of Black Friday shopping! Ok well I really enjoyed it because Shawn dropped me off at Jo Ann's and I bought WAY too much SUPER cute fabric!! lol! Here are some pictures....

Welcoming home the USS West Virginia for my final time! I can't even express the emotions knowing I would not have to be on that beach again in a few months waving goodbye!! She was bringing my husband back home to us safe and it would be a few years before we have to say goodbye to him again!

Savannah spending the last night in her room. She did great seeing as EVERYTHING was in boxes around her room! She was a rock star with the move and didn't freak out or anything!

Keeping herself occupied in my bed while the house was packed up! They left the TV in my room hooked up so she would have something to do.

It still makes me sad to see all the stuff gone in our house! We put so much time, energy, and money into fixing that house up just the way we wanted it, and then had to move! Luckily we got renters in there quickly so (god forbid) if we ever have to move back to Kings Bay we can move back into our house!

Shawn and Savannah in an empty house. I couldn't be in a picture because I couldn't stop crying long enough to smile.
We left the same day as they loaded our stuff, after saying good bye to my friends. We drove 5 hours in non stop rain to Atlanta, GA for our first pit stop on the way to Nebraska!

No comments:
Post a Comment