Saturday, February 28, 2009

So Frustrating!

So Savannah and I went to the Doctor on Thursday because I had a sore throat and Savannah was coughing and it was sounding pretty juicy.  Well we left with a prescription for Zyrtec for both of us.  The doctor told me it was probably just allergies.  Fine, I am not a doctor so I just went with it.  Well, clearly this is not allergies.  Savannah was running a low grade fever last night and this morning and the poor thing is so congested that when she coughs it gags her and the throws up mucus.  Its absolutely pitiful!  I feel so bad for her and so pissed at the "on call" doctor we saw.  

The good news is that I called the appointment line and even though they have done away with the nurse call line (stupid) they transfered me to the Naval Hospital and the lady I spoke to transfered me to the outpatient pharmacy and that lady was so freakin' nice and helpful!  I wanted to cry when I got off the phone just because I couldn't believe that someone actually helped me!  How sad is that!  But she told me to go ahead and put Savannah on some Sudafed Nasal Congestion medication that I had, and it is working nicely.  If she isn't better by monday I am going to try and get her in with her regular doctor.  

I, however, seem to be teetering on the edge of being sick and not.  I felt fine yesterday, but today I can slowly feel the tickle in my throat getting a little more sore and I have a slight cough.  I hope, hope, hope that it goes away and doesn't get worse!  This really stinks!  Everyone seems to be getting sick and whatever it is that Savannah and I have is what is going around.  Blah!  =(

1 comment:

AndreaLeigh said...

i hope you and savannah are feeling better soon, girlie!