One of the blogs I follow had a post about some cup cakes called Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes and OH.MY.GOSH!! I knew the second I saw the photo that I had to make them! The first opportunity was obvious....my husbands birthday, but being the slack ass I am and the fact that our daughters birthday was exactly one week after his (that would be today. lol) I told him he had to wait because there was no way we were having a cake or cupcakes 2 weeks in a row, and I wasn't going to feed my little girl week old cupcakes on her birthday!! So today I made them and was SOOO NOT disappointed!
don't you love my box of left over christmas cake mix!? ha! But as it happened, the funfetti pieces were separate so I didn't add them!

Made the cake batter per the box, filled each paper cup about 1/2 full and stuck a premade cookie dough square right in the middle of each!

Baked at 350 for 18 min. How pretty do they look!!

I think I might be one of the few people who loves frosting from a can! I mean, don't get me wrong, home made icing is delicious, but I don't have the time or energy to make my own icing! This was cream cheese frosting from a can and it was YUMMY!

This is what the cup cake looks like split open! How neat!!

It tasted SOOOO GOOD!!
Seriously, you have to try it!

4 comments:
I made chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes a few months ago and they were fabulous. I can't tell from your photo, but it looks like your cookie dough cooked a little bit. If you freeze your cookie dough, it will still be dough when the cupcake is done and soooo much better. I know you like canned frosting, but I have a fantastic cookie dough frosting that tastes so good and only has 3 ingredients (plus mini chocolate chips if you like them).
Oh and the first time I made them I did the break and bake cookie dough too. It actually works a lot better when you make the cookie dough from scratch. That's why I haven't made them again. lol Too much work to do the frosting, cupcakes, and cookie dough from scratch!
Well, since I forgot to leave one out for Scarlett I actually wanted the cookie cooked a little bit more! It was still nice and soft on the inside and oh so yummy! Maybe one day when the kids are a bit older I will be hounding you for all your delicious cupcake and frosting recipes, but for now it's mostly break and bake, boxed and canned items! lol! =)
yum! these look amazing! i'm so trying these out.
Post a Comment