Wednesday, June 23, 2010

2 Things...

1. When we were at the theater about to watch TS3, Shawn and Savannah left to get popcorn and sodas so I was saving our seats. This lady was trying to find a place for her family to sit (3 of them) and saw that on the front row there were a seat or two that were not being used and kindly asked this woman and man (with 2 kids probably about 5 years old) if they would mind sliding down one seat so that her husband could sit with his family to watch the movie. (This was actually on Father's day mind you..) and the Man told the lady that they had gotten there an hour early so they could get THOSE EXACT SEATS! She kinda stood there a little puzzled as to what to say and she kinda fumbled over her words trying to ask again very nicely if they would mind moving just one seat over. Again the guy basically told her no and she should of gotten here earlier. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? I over heard this whole thing and I was so IRATE! How freakin' rude! It's a kids movie, MOVE OVER ONE FREAKIN SEAT! He was such an asshole and I heard him talking more after the lady graciously thanked him (for what??) and went and told her family that they wouldn't move down. I am not sure where they ended up sitting, but let me tell you...it took all I had not to turn around and tell the guy off. I kept telling myself it's none of my business, but seriously...way to set an example for your kids about a little bit of common courtesy! I truly believe in what goes around comes around so hopefully he gets his in the end! Asshole.

2. I went to drop Savannah off at VBS yesterday morning and the parking lot I parked in the day before with all the handicapped parking was BLOCKED OFF! I was like..WTH? So I had my friend move the cones so I could park there. I asked them and they said something to the effect of "that's where the kids play when they go outside so they don't want people parking there." WHAT? There are 2 other handicapped parking spots in another lot, but those are a good bit away. When I went to pick her up I had to park pretty far away and go up a hill. I was out of breath by the time I got to the church and more than a little annoyed. I was debating not taking Savannah back any more this week because of this, but I don't want to punish her for me being in a wheelchair. I will just suck it up and do what I have to do so Savannah can go, but sometimes I wish people realized, no matter how easy I make being in a chair look, it's not. At all.

2 comments:

Neetz said...

Hi ya...Im new to your blog but from what I've read already, I know I'm gonna enjoy!

I totally agree with you re: the "asshole" at the theatre... I hope he got what was due him!

And also I know how you feel re: the disabled parking etc. My dad is a paraplegic, and people tend to forget how much more difficult things are for him because he is so independent!

Great blog! ~ Juanita

Sheila said...

Juanita - Thank you so much! Always good to know someone is enjoying what I am rambling about! lol! I checked out your blog too and your kiddos are adorable! I will be visiting yours as well! Thanks again! =)