After a fun week in Missouri we finally headed to our final stop....Nebraska. As we entered the state I had to take a picture of this sign because it actually made me laugh! "Nebraska...the good life" hahaha! Sorry, but I just find that a bit amusing! :snickers one more time:

Ok, so anyways, upon entering "the good life" (hehe) we headed straight to the base housing office to sign paper work and get the keys for our new place. Was it that simple?? Hell no! Dealing with those people in housing has been a night mare and a roller coaster from day one! We got there and they told me that we needed an appointment to see the house!! WHAT? They couldn't of mentioned that in one of the million conversations I had with them regarding everything?? I had told them less than a week ago the time and date we would be arriving and asked how long the paperwork would take so we could make sure we were there in time and all that. Idiots!
So that left us looking for a hotel close to dark in an unfamiliar city COVERED in snow!!

Luckily my in laws had already been here and kinda scoped the area for us and we found the hotel that they stayed in. The thing that sucked is that Shawn got pretty sick that night and still had to deal with unloading the car and helping Savannah and I into the hotel because it was pretty icy.

Then we had to be back at housing at a little before 8am to meet with the lady to show us the house, which meant Shawn had to wake up hella early and load the car back up. Our household goods were being delivered that morning which is why we had planned on just camping out in the house for the night so we would already be there when the moving van showed up!
Needless to say, arriving SUCKED!! I cried a lot that night and the next morning because I was so emotionally exhausted and frustrated with how stupid people could be and how much I couldn't believe we were in NEBRASKA!!!
In the end it all worked out, we got the keys for our house and our stuff was delivered the same day. I kept trying to tell myself that this is only temporary and to make the best out of it, an so far I have!
The most important thing is that my husband is going to be home with us for the next two years and that is all that matters!!

1 comment:
Just remember, you can handle ANYTHING for two years! You managed to survive a baby by yourself in a new place with no family around while Shawn was on patrol. You managed to survive without your giant bugs flying away with your pets or your daughter...you can manage Nebraska for two years. LOL
Post a Comment