I swore up and down I wasn't having any more kids after Savannah, so I ended up giving all of her baby stuff away and of course after finding out I was pregnant with Scarlett, I could of kicked myself. Well it's a little bit different this time because I know for SURE...like 100% sure that if..and that's a HUGE if...we are going to have another baby it wouldn't be until close to Shawn going on another Shore Duty, which won't be for another 4 1/2 years! *tear*
So what do I do? Hold onto the stuff for 4 years *incase* we decide to have another baby and it is another girl? I am thinking not. I mean, in the 3 1/2 years between the two girls births, a lot of the baby stuff changed, so I imagine in the years leading up to possibly having another baby, the stuff will change even more.
I am so overwhelmed with the amount of "stuff" in our house, that the idea of dragging all of this baby stuff with us when we move again drives me crazy!
Well if you can't tell by now, I really want to get rid of it. Would you?
Oh, and don't forget the unexpected emotions accompanying the thought of getting rid of all of Scarlett's baby stuff. It makes me very sad. VERY SAD! Not the thought of not having any more kids, that doesn't bother me, it's the fact that my sweet, cuddle, squishy, Moo Moo is about to be a year old which means she isn't my baby anymore...she's my toddler! ugh. Ok well enough of that, I'm sure I'll have a nice long post next month when she actually turns one!

2 comments:
IF you are really sure that you won't have any more kids until Shawn has another Shore Duty, by all means, do NOT drag all that stuff all over the country! I know that it will be hard to get rid of all of Scarlett's stuff, but you have to be realistic, too. You know that in a year's time you will be moving again and then everything you have will be packed and moved to who-knows-where. Do you really want to hang onto that stuff on the "chance" that you MIGHT be able to use it in a few YEARS? I think not. Just find someone on CL who needs it and make them a fantastic deal on it or donate it if you are in a situation where you can and you feel ok with it. I know you don't want to store that stuff in your house for the next several YEARS...that would drive you insane!
If you're 100% - Craigslist it all - it goes to a family usually needs the items. You get some some cash- they get a discount. It works great.
I would hold on to the clothes though. JUST IN CASE - and hey, little girl clothing doesn't take up much room. :)
Post a Comment