Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fundraiser...

Last Thursday we went to Savannah's new preschool for 'meet the teacher/back to school' night or something like that. Well when we got Savannah's folder with all the info for the year in it, it also contained a thick packet which is their "first of the year fundraiser." It's Yankee Candles. Seriously? Fundraiser for preschool? I think it's stupid. I hate fundraisers! I can't stand guilting people into buying over priced crap so the school can make a little money. I would honestly rather just make a donation towards whatever they are trying to raise money for than ask people to buy something they can get in the store for cheaper!

Yeah, I'm a lame mom who won't be participating in the fundraiser...oh well.


BTW the only "fundraiser" I approve of is Girl Scout Cookies!!! lol!

And you know, while we're on the subject..I also really, really hate all of the "pampered chef" "party lite" "tastefully simple" type parties. I avoid them at all cost because I either end up buying something out of guilt that I will never use or didn't need, or will feel guilty not buying something for the exact same reasons. I don't own any Pampered Chef crap and don't feel like I am missing out on anything. I am perfectly happy with my chefmate target crap and I don't need Tupperware to store my leftovers...ziplock is just fine for me!


4 comments:

Misty said...

I couldn't possibly agree more! I'd rather have preschool tuition raised a few dollars per month to avoid fundraising and if I want something like tupperware I don't need someone to ask me if I want it, I'll find them and ask them. I'm happy with my target stuff too!

Mary said...

I agree completely about fundraisers and we only do Girl Scout cookies. Get used to seeing the packets though: they get worse.

While I'm not crazy about the idea of home parties, I have to say I LOVE my Pampered Chef and Tupperware! I understand what you mean though, which is why I won't host one anymore.

Kelly said...

I don't participate in the kids' school fundraiser anymore. We did when Sara was the only kid there, and then when it was Emily's first year. But, there is a lot of really overpriced JUNK in the books we sell out of and no one I know has the extra $$ to spend on a $20 roll of Christmas wrapping paper (I am exaggerating slightly). I feel bad about it, but come on...$14 for a tub of cookie dough? I'll pass...

AndreaLeigh said...

I don't attend those parties. too much pressure! I don't care for the things they sell, and if I do, they are ridiculously overpriced.

I agree, fundraisers for schools are ridiculous.