I go to see my new doctor (In the same building as Savannah's!) on Friday to hopefully get some bloodwork done and some referrals to a neurologist (for my back, not my head!!) and a orthopedic surgeon for my ankles. I am sure I need surgery again to loosen my ankles and I can't wait to have it done, because my legs hurt a lot because of it. Hopefully my appointment will be just as quick and painless as Savannah's was! =)
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Bug Bite
So for the past 2 days Savannah has had a pretty nasty looking bite on her ankle and today it looks remarkably red and swollen. I called the doctor after she got out of her room from being put down for her nap, because she told me her bite hurt. (I recently requested to transfer both her and I off base and be seen by civilian doctors and we both got approved!!) So I called up her new doctor and to my total shock, they told us to go ahead and come on in...like right then! Now unless you have had to deal with Central Appointments or base doctors you wouldn't understand the thrill of excitement that went through me when I wasn't going to have to wait 2 weeks to be seen or told to go to the ER. Anyways, we got dressed and headed out. It was AWESOME! We checked in at 2pm and were at Publix filling her prescription for antibiotics at 2:45pm! Once again, unless you have had to wait at the base clinic for 45 min before even being seen, you wouldn't really understand my excitement. Savannah is now on Zyrtec for itching and antibiotics for possible infection. She was running a very slight fever of 99. Over all she is fine, but hopefully these things will help her poor ankle. And it turns out the doctor is one that she has seen before, he has filled in on base, and we like him! =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment